Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a great and not so great Thanksgiving weekend... Thanksgiving morning my family's little dog, Roxy got hit by a car and died :(  My sister Maddie saw the whole thing; it was so, so terrible.  She was so attached to that dog.  We were all crying, especially seeing Madison just so sad.  Not a great start, but luckily we had Thanksgiving that kept everyone's mind off of what happened. 

We drove to Vegas to my aunt Brenda's house for our traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas gift exchange.  It had been a long time since Matt and I were with the Stanley family and it was so fun to see everyone!  I forgot my camera in Provo but Matt was able to get a few pictures of the day.. Not the best quality (like my camera at home is even better!).








We all went around the room after dinner and told our favorite memory of my grandpa who passed away 10 years ago this year.  It was a quick trip but so fun!
Other activities included shopping (no Black Friday for me, I HATE shopping that day.  I go Friday night when the crowds are gone.  I would rather pay full price for something rather than run around with people threatening to kill me for the last My Little Pony play set,) breakfast with my girlfriends and their families (and new babies that I LOVE!!!) and hanging out with family.  Aubree didn't sleep well at all because she was sick, but all in all, great weekend and so fun to be with our loved ones. 
We are THANKFUL for all the wonderful things we enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I cant believe roxy died that is seriously the sadest story ever! I'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving, we wish we could have seen you guys! We miss you so much