Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mom
She is my best friend. She has loved her family unconditionally and is the most selfless person I know- almost to a fault! We talk on the phone at least once a day (even though we live like 5 seconds away from each other :) She is an amazing grandma to my Aubree. Our greatest blessing as kids was and is still knowing that no matter what our circumstances are, whether it be that we left our homework at home, got a flat tire, need a babysitter, need a ride, that she will be there for us. She has shaped who I am and I hope to be as good a mom as she is.. That's saying a lot!

(I have a brother too, I promise we don't neglect him.. He didn't want to be in the girl picture:)

Juli
Juli is so fun! She is always up for a party. Something that I admire about her is that she raised 6 kids by herself and each one of them turned out not just "ok," but amazing. She has 10 grandkids and treats each one like they are her one-and-only. She has such a great way of making all of us feel loved and cared for. Her greatest joy is being surrounded by family- that is her first priority and she has taught her children that, and each one has adopted that principle. She is a wonderful mama!



 Being a mom is nuts and awesome and everything in between! My biggest worry before having children was wondering if I had a strong enough testimony of the Gospel and if I would be able to teach them the ways of our Heavenly Father. Would I be able to teach them about the scriptures, to pray, to have faith? Do I even know enough about those things? So many worries, including parenting, money, you name it. But right when Aubree was born those fears completely disappeared. I knew from that moment on that she would teach ME. I love my baby and am proud to be a MOM!


Thanks to our husbands and families for making Mother's Day so wonderful!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Mothers Day to such an amazing Mom! You are so wonderful Megs and Aubree Grace is so blessed to have such awesome parents, luv you all lots and lots and lots!!!!