Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break in OHIO 2011

Juli, Ellie, Matt, Me and Aubree Grace were able to go visit the Losee's in Ohio over the break- we had a blast!  Meeting new little Logan was the best!  His baby blessing was given while we were there and we were so glad we could be apart of it. Here's a recap of our week...

{Wednesday}




Our plane left at 7:00 a.m. from Vegas- I was so nervous Aubree would have a hard time but she did amazing on the plane ride. We arrived in Dayton and Jen and little Logan buddy came to pick us up. My heart melted seeing that baby!! I love him! Oh, and we love Jen, too :) We missed the kids so much and were so excited to see Abbie, Drewness and Lainey Lou! That night we just played, talked, ate White Cheddar Cheetos (we went through 3 bags in 5 days.. totally wasn't all me, ok?) and celebrated an early birthday for Juli.

{Thursday}












Ohio is the birthplace of Aviation. The Wright Brothers built and flew their first plane in Dayton. So, we had the opportunity to go to the Airforce Museum. It was HUGE and really cool. We saw replicas of the very first plane ever built all the way to modern aircraft.  I was amazed at how well the kids did there, and all week for that matter. We drug them around everywhere and they did awesome. After that, we went to dinner with the fam at a really fancy restaraunt called Red Lobster :) I love Red Lobster, but in Ohio that's about as fancy as your going to get.

Speaking of fancy, on the way home from the museum, Mark took us to White Castle Burgers. Luckily we didn't go inside because my "are you kidding me-ness" probably would have kicked in. It was interesting, to say the least. The food is brought to you through the drive-thru like your money would be given to you at the bank. The burgers are tiny, steamed with onions and then put on a similarly tiny bun. Matt and Mark at 5 each, I had half of one. It's an acquired taste.


{Friday}



We went to Jungle Jims, the biggest grocery store in the world. You're not allowed to take pictures, but I snuck a few in (the picture of Matt looking mad is him telling me not to put the camera away). They had every food item you could think of! They had isles dedicated to different countries, 2 isles of hot sauce and of course, our favorite, the bakery. Oh and that cheese I'm holding was like, 45 pounds. We bought all sorts of things to try at home.

{Saturday}







We went to an antique place on Saturday. There were a lot of these in Ohio. They are warehouses full of antiques. It was enormous. Everything was really expensive so we just had fun browsing. On our way home, we stopped to eat at another fancy food place, Frich's Big Boy. We saw real live mullets there, ate really greasy food (mine was actually pretty good) and enjoyed people watching. Picture Denny's... but more... country like? Jenny turned to me during lunch and said "Welcome to Ohio Megan." Haha- I shouldn't be rude, but in all honesty, it really is different in the outskirts of Ohio! Later that night we played games and just hung out with each other. We made sure to love on Logan as much as we could before we left. Aubree loved playing with her cousins. They were all so cute!

{Sunday}





Sunday was our last day :( We went to church that morning for Logan's blessing. It was so sweet. Logan is the 10th grandchild of Juli's and he adds so much to all our lives! We loved being with all the kids- they are all so darling and fun! It was not fun leaving, but we really had such a great time and are glad we made some amazing memories! Our flight left at 8:00 p.m. Ohio time and arrived in Vegas at 1:30 a.m.  Oh boy, it was a LONG flight, but once again, Aubree did so good; besides one minor meltdown. We flew on Frontier Airlines and each plane has a different picture of an animal on the tail. The flight attendant gave her normal welcome and told us that we had a lioness and her cub on the plane. I turned to Matt and was like "Matt, there are lions on the plane! How cool is that? I wonder if they are doing a new show in Vegas..." Matt just looked at me and said, "Megan.. seriously? She meant the tail of the plane, that there is a picture of lions on the tail." I guess we all have our blonde moments.. I was with 5 blondes on the trip, what do you expect? :)

Thanks Losee family! We love and miss you!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

*Sniff*Sniff Best 5 days of my life :-) I love ya megs and i am so glad you are part of our family, and I ADORE my Aubree Grace what a funny, sweet, happy, energetic,lovey baby girl she is and i am so glad she loves me the most :-) It meant the world to us that you and Matty sacrificed your Spring Break to some see us! I love u all so much and can't for the summer!