Saturday, September 29, 2012

Life with 2

Our first couple of weeks with Olivia went so well.. and have continued to be great.  Aubree has adjusted better than I could have imagined.  The first little while we were butting heads a little.  Like I've said before, she did amazing with Olivia and didn't act jealous when I was holding her or feeding her, but it came out in other ways.  I had to remind myself that I was the adult in the situation and to try to be more patient with her.  Now I feel like we are settled and stabilized and we are doing awesome... I am so blessed and so happy to have two darling and healthy girls and a husband who has been a total gem-  Matt has been so amazing I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am for his patience and how well he has handled juggling Aubree and Olivia.  Oh, and putting up with me too.  I will keep this one around :)
Having my mom around the first week was SO nice.  We only had one fight!  Which was totally and completely my fault.. I blame hormones.  I told her she was doing too much for me and it was overwhelming me, like her constantly cleaning my house and dishes and helping me in the middle of the nights with the girls.  I'm awesome, right?  Again, hormones.. right?

Some things we had been up to our first 2 weeks...

{Going to the park with Grammy
Once again, HUGE THANK YOU to my amazing mother!!}



{Lots of sister time}


{Lots of trying to keep Aubree entertained.. thanks to Mad for building forts
and my cute neighbor friend for the Rapunzel braid idea}


Jen and Juli came up for a weekend and we LOVED having them here.  Jenny made it very clear that I was only allowed to feed the baby and everything else was her job... I love her!!  We had a blast with them-- we got ice cream, went to the Riverwood's for their outdoor market, watched movies and hung out. 
They were so helpful and so fun to be around.  Thanks girls- we love you!






1 comment:

rick.and.kels said...

aubree is the cutest big sister! love that girl. you look so dang good by the way! :)